Saturday, November 3, 2007

Emirates

So my trip started off on a sour note. I missed my flight from LON-DXB but luckily, there was another flight in 2 hours - made it on the dreaded standby list.

The 10pm flight to Dubai was full - but despite the capacity of the flight, it was superb! Their inflight entertainment system, ICE, was installed on this aircraft and comparably, maybe just a bit better than British Airways.

The interior cabin was much better - brighter and the light made it seem spacious and comfortable. Their meals were amazing. Emirates has stepped up a notch with their service and plating, all too pleasing for the eye. No doubt their food and the concept of their meal selection is outstanding, cannot complain about anything yet.

I have heard some negative remarks on Emirates, but hey - when looking at the overall impression, I think it is by far one of the best services out there, and good value for your money.

My arrival was hassle free - with the exception of a surprise visa fee payment of US$100.00 for US Citizens now entering Tanzania. This is up by $50.00 effective September 2007. The process for visa is slow, but the friendly staff compensated for the long wait. I was very impressed with the courteous services of ground staff much to my surprise.

With the unfortunate event of having my suitcase taken by another passenger and returned to the airport 4 hours later, everything was smooth. Piece of advise: please check your bag tag label and name before taking your suitcase! :)

No comments: