Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Virgin Atlantic

My anticipated trip to the United Kingdom (yes, again) in just a few days will be on Virgin Atlantic. The last Atlantic crossing wasn't very pleasant, so I chose an airline known for quality.

I'd rather be on one that would help my Emirates Skywards mileage accrual, however, my FFP status on Singapore is rather low; and so it fits in perfectly as Virgin shares mileage accrual with the former.

This trip highlights a significant milestone in my life; for I would be leaving the America's for a considerably long period of time. A tremendous amount of experience has followed the years I spent in the U.S., but more importantly, the arrogance and reality check of the political atmosphere over the past few years has played a role in the decision. Don't get me wrong - there are benefits living a life in the West (the blessing of winter isn't one of them), but the sheer pride and lack of knowledge of certainty is a mind spinning occurrence in itself.

The travels will undoubtedly come to an end in September as I settle down towards educating myself further, and so with that, while the summer will highlight the experiences of both land and air travel, it will include various topics that would set the tone for what the future holds.

It's no longer 'just for keeps'.

Stay tuned. :)


No comments: