Saturday, June 16, 2007

Air Canada P3 - Return

I was NOT looking to return on Air Canada. Unfortunately, I did not have a feasible choice, or I would have ended up paying twice the amount for a return on another carrier.

Because I extended my stay in London, and the day I chose to do so was a weekend, thus highly booked flights, my choice was quite limited to only one flight. An 8:30 am return flight from Heathrow on an Airbus that took me back 20 years in time.

As I entered the aircraft, I was dismayed at the entertainment system again. This was echoed out loud by the passenger who sat next to me. The TV screens were located in the center of the aircraft. The controls were located in the gallery - so you either watched what was on at the time, or browsed through their inflight magazine, or maybe stared at the emergency card and scrutinised the emergency procedures for the Airbus. I chose to sleep because of lack of it. Even then, I cannot sleep on board flights, so it was a feeble attempt to do so on my part. One of the movies they showed was Austin Powers - The Spy who shagged me. A 1999 film in the year 2007.

Since the aircraft was headed Westbound, it meant a longer flight - could anything be more disappointing?

Yes, the food! This time I changed my meal from a Muslim to an Asian vegetarian. All I remember is the vegetable couscous and oatmeal flan with some sort of pudding.

Bottomline - while their customer service is good, their inflight system is the worst I have seen on any airline in the recent past.

No comments: